Konjac has been a household name in Japan since it has been used in many traditional Japanese foods for more than 2 thousand years ago.
Konjac flour is a hydrocolloidal polysaccharide obtained from the tubers of various species of Amorphophallus Konjac. Being a glucomannan, it is not only an excellent source of dietary fiber but it is also 100% natural and contains no calories.
The FDA has classified konjac flour as “Generally Recognised As Safe”
– “GRAS” material when used as an ingredient in formulated foods
(CFR Title 21 § 170.30) and the EC has also released it as a food additive under E425.
The Benefits of Konjac Powder
This glucomannan is clinically tested and proven for its healthy benefits. They includes:
• Excellent source of dietary fiber
• Assist in maintaining healthy blood cholesterol level
• Expels toxins from intestines
• Regulates and normalizes blood sugar level
• Helps to maintain regularity and promotes bowel health
• Konjac swells to about 50 times its original volume when used with a large glass of water – giving a sense of fullness, which prevents
• It binds the fats and expelled them before they are absorbed into the human body system.
· Bakery & confectionery products · Gel desserts · Ice-cream
· Sausages/meat products · Noodles · Sauces